ATCs

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where oh where has that little boy gone?

I blinked and all of a sudden he's 17!



It's a Tim Holtz kind of birthday card for my grandson's 17th birthday. I do often wonder where the time goes. It seems like only yesterday he was just a little squirt.

I borrowed Kathy Orta's idea for using a fragment and spinner for the pocket watch, the rest is my own. I inked the name plate with Vintage Photo Distress ink then used two colors of Distress powder to make it rusty looking. You can't tell in the picture, but I clear embossed the name. I needed some way to secure the money and thought the binder clip would work great—love those binder clips! I love those cute little Timmy paper clips too, so I just had to stick one of those on there somewhere. It was feeling a little lonely though so I gave it a ticket for company. The stamps on the envelope are from the Graphic 45 Proper Gentleman collection.

4 comments:

  1. As always you have made a great card. I still need to make mine, hopefully in the morning, along with the maccaroons, I am making him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummmmm, save some of those for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks fantastic!! Your grandson is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this card is lovely i love it great work as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete