ATCs

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mary, Mary, how does your garden grow?

Ok, I know those aren't the exact words, but I've only got so much space, ya know. :)



I'm calling this a fantasy flower since I'm not so sure it really resembles a rose. A couple of days ago while buried in the white stuff, I decided to experiment with making a rose/fantasy flower out of 1 1/2" wired ribbon. I've seen this done before, where you fold the ribbon in half then sew a running stitch down the non-folded edge, gather it up and roll it up like a cinnamon bun. So I was just standing there at my counter with my ribbon, watching TV, wishing I weren't out of Diet Dr. Pepper....I started pinching the wired edges into pleats and scrunches—just pushing them together, and it stayed! So I just kept going and when I had enough I rolled it up. Got out the hot glue and glued it together. I had to borrow Alice's idea of adding dew drops because I accidentally got some hot glue on a petal that I couldn't get off. So I pooled a spot of hot glue (dew drop) in that spot to cover it. Then I added a couple more to balance it out. I didn't notice until I saw the picture that my mesh is off center. It should be smaller.

Today I am making some paper bag pages...following along with Kathy Orta's (Paper Phenomenon) YouTube series. I also finished my grandson's birthday card. I've been working on it for two days. Why does it take me so long to make a simple card?

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice! You sure are becoming the flower Queen! Love this one too. The off centered mesh doesn't matter. It's artistic flair! Things in life are rarely perfectly centered anyway. Thanks for sharing your flower creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean, I envy those that can whip something up in an hour and it still looks fab. Love this new flower though and can;t wait to see the mini! I want to make Kathy's too, but have to finish a couple projects first :O)

    ReplyDelete