ATCs

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Flora and Fauna Paper Bag Mini


 Or click HERE to see it larger on YouTube.

This is a paper bag mini using the Kay & Co Flora and Fauna paper collection. The assembly is Kathryn at the Scrap[beach]'s take on the bag that was originally designed by Kathy Orta of Paper Phenomenon. Kathryn just made a few minor modifications to the way it was bound and added chipboard to one side of each page for extra strength. I finished the pages on my own because I couldn't watch the rest of the class after the first page due to pesky computer problems. I didn't even end up binding it the same way Kathryn plans to (her album isn't finished yet). Sometimes life just does not cooperate.

Some of my pages are not embellished a lot because I like the paper and wanted it to show, and also because I ran out of time to give it proper thought. :)  (I have to give it a lot of proper thought.)  I was also trying to only use supplies I already have on hand. I am on a scrapbooking spending freeze at the moment, or as someone said "a scrapbooking diet". But.....we know diets don't work for long, right?

5 comments:

  1. Oh Diane what a wonderful mini! I love the way you used the papers and the embellishments. Whoever gets this will be truly blessed! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    Maridee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane,

    I love you mini, so cute!

    I have this Mariposa collection, but the courage didn't come yet to cut it...lol


    Kisses,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane--This is just so beautiful. Don't you just love these papers. You did a wonderful job on this mini. Thanks Margaret Morris

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW what a super mini. Love it. Well done it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete