ATCs

Friday, October 5, 2012

♫ It was a teeny weeny little mini...♪ ♫

This little book was made using Barb Owens' technique for the cover. She is Creating_Faces on Ustream. I wanted to try it small before making a larger one. I made it from a large tag, folded. I created one signature that I stitched in. The actual color is more copper, with a little purple. The camera really picked up on the purple.



This half circle is actually a flap that opens. The other side is
covered with a piece of sewing pattern tissue paper.



5 comments:

  1. I love it Diane!! You did a great job photographing it as well. I have a really hard time getting purples to photograph well. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana! It's really not quite this purple. It's more copper with 'some' purple. :)

      Delete
  2. Are there any directions for the cover construction available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith. I got the cover from Barb Owen's Ustream show. She is Creating_Faces on Ustream. I'm sorry I don't remember the date it aired. Barb made a full book-sized book. Mine is made from cutting a tag, but making it a little long so there would be room to wrap around the pages.

    I cut out Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers with my Big Shot from lightweight chipboard (like a cereal box) and glued them on the tag. (Barb glued 2 layers together to make them thicker for the bigger book. On one of her books she used die-cut alphabet letters instead of flowers.) I then used Golden Matte medium to glue down 1 or 2 layers of sewing pattern tissue paper over the whole top, letting it wrinkle. When it was dry, I used my finger to paint splotchy areas with Folk Art metallic gold, metallic copper, metallic green, and Liquitex Basics Dioxazine Purple (love that purple!) This gives it a bit of a metal look. When I was satisfied with the paint I covered the whole cover with Golden matte medium. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete