ATCs

Monday, January 7, 2013

A French Mess

I decided to turn this old outdated end table into a shabby chic table with a French label on it.

Step 1: Paint the table



Step 2: Transfer the design



Step 3: Sand to distress

Step 4: Stain


I thought this stain was a little too dark and looked a little dirty. So.....

I went over it with the original ivory coat, watered down. I painted it on and then wiped it off with a damp paper towel. Here's the result:



Now I think I like the darker version better. Should I stain it again? I think eventually I'll lose the label all together. lol  I even kind of like the original creme color without the stain. No way am I spending four hours to paint it gain. Next time I'll figure out a way to do a rub-on or something. So what's the verdict? Do I stain it again...maybe with a little lighter stain? I used Burnt Umber the first time. 


1 comment:

  1. I really like the way it turned out!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete