ATCs

Friday, July 5, 2013

Journal page - July 5

[Click on picture to enlarge]

This page was started at the same time as the previous "grateful" page; just finished today.

This was an experimental page. First I just wrote random things. Then I stuck pieces of book pages down with Golden Soft Gel Medium, let it set a few minutes and then pulled the pages off. This left the print but not the paper (pretend it's not backwards to read). :)  And, what the heck, I glued a couple pieces of book page here and there. I sprayed the page with Dylusions and blotted. I'm looking through my 'stuff' and spot a small sample bottle of Golden Coarse Pumice Gel so I thought I'd try that with a stencil. The pumice texture is gray, so I sprayed the page again with Dylusions spray, squirted it with water and let it run. Man that Coarse Pumice Gel really absorbs the colors well. After the spraying, I thought the sandy stenciled blobs looked a bit like leaves and maybe flowers, so I decided to paint a fairy girl underneath them. The bottom part of the picture is a little bit blurrier than the real thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment